Dienstag, 30. März 2010

New Küchenbüffet + a little store tour

As I still can't make myself tell you more about M...o, I thought I'd share my latest (well, not really as I shopped like mad in M..h) purchase with you! This one is going straight into my dining room. Have I just typed this? I am going to have WHAT? A DINING ROOM? Sound like a joke. Well, whatever, just look what I've found right next to my modest place in the village soon to be left!

The minute I saw this one, I knew it's going to be mine. Luckily, it was for sale - and cheap! I could hardly believe my ears as I heard the price - and immediately got another 20 Euros off. No shipping costs as the piece is standing right next to my apartment and it'll simply be carried into the moving truck.

Right now, this beauty is housing a lovely collection of antique tins and a bunch of beautiful china. Well, it should wait till it meets my beautiful, perfectly mismatched collection!













I was also thinking of taking these guys with me

It's a pity I already have some silverware - really simple, basic ones (17 Euros for a bunch of 40!)
Green Gate keeps following me  - and look at this green little alarm clock! It's the sweetest one :) 
Easter is around! I'm considering this lovely shell box for my future bathroom (it'll be newly tiled! Can you believe that?) 
The lady who owns the store is most talented. She sources antique furniture everywhere in the vicinity, she teaches classes at an evening school where she shows people how to paint furniture and create that 'shabby look', she consults and she's just totally sweet. I planned to quickly look in and stayed for about 30 minutes chatting to her. So eager to help! She says her mission is to promote living with antique, unique pieces and she's much more interested in people being happy at home that in money making. I might be posting more about her later - and this is one of the rare cases where I'm really sad about my readers being so non-existent.
This little shop is so easy to walk by without seeing it - and this is exactly what one shouldn't do!
P.S. I' m not revealing the store name here as I' m rather sure I have no readers who live next to it and it doesn't have an online presence.


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen