Sonntag, 13. Juni 2010

Breaking the rules again.

I admit it. I haven't blogged/posted any pics for a while although I'd promised to do so. I'm not feeling too guilty, though, cause my current fan club consists of non-existent persons only.


It's been a very stressful time and I'm longing for the holidays. Do you want to know what's worse than not having a huge, gorgeous flat to live in? To actually live in a huge, gorgeous flat  - and not being able to take care of it. Commuting to work takes me 25 minutes. I sometimes have to be there at 7 30. I'm  never home before 2 p.m and when I am, I have to lie down and regenerate.

Somehow I managed to cover the kitchen worktop in transparent varnish (it was a torture as I made a pretty stupid mistake in the beginning and had to remove a part of it. Brrr!) and one sunny day our fridge got delivered. After a rather long fight, we could install it (the door had to be hung on the left side - there's simply NO space) and  - well, it's currently filled with the leftover party drinks. Well, I started painted the long shelf - it's gonna be finished by Wednesday - needs to be turned twice) - and maybe another lovely day will face us actually cooking in that kitchen. Need I mention some of the tile paint came of when I removed masking tape? Grrr.

As for the housewarming party which happened here yesterday - it was lovely to see good old and new friends and rather sad to see some of the 'friends' don't even care to type a `sorry I can't make it`.

Our basement looks like a massive landfill but the flat's much better now - the party gave us a bit of motivation to finally clean (actually, rather to push boxes into corners). 10 more days and I'll be investing ALL my energy into this place. Can't wait, honestly.   

2 Kommentare:

  1. Dear Frau Meyer, Your spirits seem low. I'm sorry to hear that. You can hang in there for another 10 days, I know you can.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Dear Gina, thanks for your support. Of course I can, I'm trying hard and the weekend is getting closer and closer! As you can see, I've even managed to post a little report on the painting progress. Wish everything could work out a bit faster!

    AntwortenLöschen